Wells Fargo Case Study
Wells Fargo - Compare Checking
The project’s producer and I, redefined the project.
Initial ask: Remove an account from the compare experience.
Ambiguities with compare content were discovered. I took initiative to propose fixing this experience.
Problem that I had was that this was not in scope for the budget. So a complete redesign was out of the question. I worked to find a solution that was in scope and budget. This meant working with the available schema and not asking for any new interactions that needed a new module or hard coding.
I focused on the content and the flow of the experience as well as keeping my eye on the goal of the user.
How to easily cross reference the checking accounts and key features available.
Problem – Situation
The Checking Comparison key features and line items did not line up visually or content wise, across products in a side by side comparison. The budget was small but able to handle adding text schema changes. I needed to outline the incremental changes within the budget and get approvals within the deadline.
Tasks – My Goals
• Competitve analysis of several financial product’s ‘Checking Compare’ xperiences
• Identify the bullets that were not aligning across our products
• Create a presentation to pitch the proposal
• Presentation to Stake Holders, LOB and Legal for buy in
• Create Wireframes
• Schema maps
• Create content and documentation: Visuals, copy, icons, mockups and prototypes
• Documentation included: copy deck, interaction specs, redlines and schema map
• Tested with iRise prototype in listening lab, created interaction specs for devs
Results and Outcome
We gained approval for content changes. (The original ask was to remove one product from compare). We added Apply Now CTA’s to reduce friction for the applicant to navigate to the
application. I added a smaller sticky header in order to present the product name throughout the scroll and maintain real estate for the compare content We re-wrote the copy and
assessed icons for alignment across products.
Results: Line of business was very pleased with changes and the simplified compare experience delivered within timeline and budget. Successfully addressed applicant’s pain points.
UX/Interaction Design, Visual Design
• Fulltime work
• Side job driving for Uber
• Maintain separate control of both accounts
• Simply set up side checking account without going into the branch
• Choose account with no or few fees
• Compare features before applying for an account
• Set aside money without fees
• Move money from one account to another easily
• Manage account from mobile application